re: Ghost Train

Viewing 1 to 1 (1 Total)
re: Ghost Train
Cale Cale Leiphart
Total Posts: 8

As a theme Monster Fighters is really growing on me. The figs a cool, there are a lot of great parts, and the sets look like they will be a lot of fun to play with. The train however doesn't thrill me so much. I don't necessarily think it's a bad set. It's very much in keeping with the Monster Fighters theme and I'm sure it will be a fun set for  kids to build and play with. But it's not the kind of train that makes the RR geek in me all happy and giddy. I'm not really in to fantasy trains.

There is one bright spot for me in it though. It uses the Emerald Night drivers and now that the EN is gone this will be the only place to get them. And unless LEGO has changed the mold we'll still be getting a pair of blind drivers too (even though the model doesn't use them) just like we did with the toy story train. We'll also be getting the cowcatcher in black again. Though I don't have much use for that piece it's still great that LEGO is keeping it and the EN drivers available.

I'm probably going to pick up at least one to cannibalize for parts though. Now if we can just get a proper steam train set again.

Cale

Posted on February 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Reply Quote

Subject