Decals

Viewing 1 to 4 (4 Total)
Decals
John Zitrick
Total Posts: 3

Hi all,

I'm just getting started in serious lego rolling stock and I see several of the instructions in this sight, particularly Daniel Aubin's rather awesome cars, have custom decals to print.  I have access to sophisticated printers but I've never tried to print decals before.  Can anyone give me some direction?

Thanks,

John Z.

Posted on May 09, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Reply Quote
taltosVT Elroy Davis
Total Posts: 29

re: Decals

I've had good luck printing on standard ink-jet mailing label paper, as well as on water-slide decal paper.  The water slides worked well on my light-colored rolling stock.  Darker colors tended to show through the ink though, so the majority of my locomotives are using mailing label stickers.

The most difficult part for me is matching the colors to the LEGO colors.  I usually start with either the CMYK or RGB values from the color chart on Peeron, then print a sample to see if my ink is darker/lighter then needed, then adjust as necessary.

My biggest problem is that the roads I model use a lot of white lettering, which I can't do on a standard ink-jet printer.

-Elroy

Posted on May 09, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Reply Quote
John Zitrick
Total Posts: 3

Thanks Elroy

Posted on May 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Reply Quote
intermodalman Adam Thompson
Total Posts: 8

if you want to be cheap (like i am) glue stick and printer paper, if your not sure if want the decals use these method you can peel them off with no residue left behind. that is what i used to make these decals    http://www.flickr.com/photos/81157328@N06/7593942106/in/photostream 

Posted on July 26, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Reply Quote

Subject