Monorail in the RB Community

Viewing 1 to 3 (3 Total)
Monorail in the RB Community
William Hough
Total Posts: 6

RB Transmission 2, received 2013 January 24, 1607 hours, Sector King Zulu King

I wanted to use my second post as a sounding board for the idea of monorail in the RB community. Having been a member of a LUG for approximately eleven and a half years, I have watched the AFOL train community flourish in that time and was at hand for the introduction of both 9V and later, PF. For a time, I owned several 9V sets, but since my heart was always centered on Classic Space, I failed to develop my passion for trains beyond this basic stage.

None of the ideas, enthusiasm, energy, and creations I have seen put forth in the LEGO train community warrant anything less than my complete admiration, all the more so because, as a fictional inspector once said, "A man's got to know his limitations." The best I can offer when collaborating on any brick train layout is a building or two.

But one of the branches of my forays into Classic Space was, of course, monorail. Encouraged by my fellows Tony Sava and Steve Jackson to join the RB community as a member of the newly-formed Texas Brick RR, I was mildly surprised to see no forum category for this - arguably - form of "rail" MOC building.

So my questions to the RB community are multifold. Is the idea of monorail within the RailBricks community an anathema to its other members? Do you regard LEGO monorail as a form of rail transport to the level of sharing ideas for MOCs and scenery? What impact - positive or negative - do you foresee such a Forum category as "Monorail" having upon the RB community?

Thank you for your time and attention.

- Pat (TexasMonorail)

Posted on January 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Reply Quote
William Hough
Total Posts: 6

re: Monorail in the RB Community

Forgot one of my other points regarding this thread. The most obvious answer to the forums question would be "Post it in the 'Other' category". Until admin create/approve a monorail category, this is where I'll confine any posts strictly limited to monorail MOC building.

- Pat (TexasMonorail)

Posted on January 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Reply Quote
taltosVT Elroy Davis
Total Posts: 29

re: Monorail in the RB Community

Hi Pat. Welcome!

My personal view is that monorail is part of the overall railroading community.  NELUG regularly features monorail tracks on our layouts.  I like the idea of adding a dedicated monorail section to the site.  I'll look into how we add that.

If you're able to travel up here to the cold Northeast this spring, we're trying to gather as many monorail enthusiasts as we can to make an attempt at breaking the world record for the longest LEGO monorail track.  There are a few people trying to coordinate this for BrickFair NE, happening in Manchester, NH in May.

-Elroy

Posted on January 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Reply Quote

Subject