re: Discussion

Viewing 1 to 3 (3 Total)
Peter Ogilvy
Total Posts: 2

I'd be happy to participate in the container swap, and if it is to be via mail (perhaps the only way Australians can easily get involved) I'd also be happy to deal with this end since Brickvention in Melbourne normally has representatives from MLTC from Melbourne, SydLUG/SLTC/SLGG, CLUG and normally at least someone from Brisbane, which would cover pretty much all the active train guys except Perth.

Another suggestion could be to just swap logos, since we then don't have to ship a whole container (which is a bonus since there's two sizes current, and many variations on door detailing). If the logo was an appropriate size for a 3x7 panel of bricks it could be built into both 4x8 and 16x6 containers as the recipient wished.

Regards Peter

Melbourne L-guage Train Club Treasurer

Posted on August 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Reply Quote
Wiebold4449 Johnny Rocket_486
Total Posts: 21

re: re: Discussion

Now there's an idea! Instead of shipping large, expensive, and delicate containers about, why not just send logos? Much like Peter said, then every club can decide which size they would like to use! Kudos Peter! This is an amazing Idea! Now, the items can be shipped pre-assembled in an envelope, rather than in a box or in pieces within an envelope...

Also, If you don't run inter-modal traffic, you could use the logos for anything! Billboards, boxcars, buildings! Anything! 

Great idea Peter!

Posted on August 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Reply Quote
kees Kees van Liere
Total Posts: 16

I like this idea as well.

Kees van Liere

Posted on January 06, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Reply Quote

Subject