Putting a picture into a post?

Viewing 1 to 15 (15 Total)
Putting a picture into a post?
chris baker
Total Posts: 14

Hello Guys,

Sorry to be such a NOOB, but I haven't been able to figure out how to imbed a photo into a post, I click on the image icon at the top, then tried copying the HTML code,Which did not show a picture, then tried the BBC code, did not work either, to the URL line.

Can someone please tell me the correct procedure?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on November 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Reply Quote
RailBlox Colin Redner
Total Posts: 57

re: Putting a picture into a post?

Am I assuming that you mean on a blog post correctly? Not sure what the problem is.

If you mean when you click on The Tracks, put a link to the photo (if it is in flikr for say) you can put it in [ ] 

ex: [http://www.flickr.com/photos/44479150@N07/6400253351/in/photostream,] without the comma

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 6:12 AM
Reply Quote
chris baker

re: re: Putting a picture into a post?

No, I had tried posting in the Building/Landscape model Forum.

And had tried putting two pictures in one post, and clicked the image button in the top toolbar, which open a panel for the URL code(and a lot of other options I did not mess with) so I transfered URLs, but when I posted it only showed a tiny white box with an x on it where the pics should have been?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 7:16 AM
Reply Quote
RailBlox Colin Redner

OK, I think I found your problem. Make sure when you add the second picture that you aren't still selecting the first photo.

Also, you may want to make sure your FLASH player/Java player is up to date.

Could you please add a couple of photos to this thread to make sure it is not a internal flaw, because I am not having that problem.

-Colin

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM
Reply Quote
chris baker

Ok, trying to post a picture-

What I am seeing is a white box with a red x in it.

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Reply Quote
RailBlox Colin Redner

what file type are you using? (the .XXX)

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 5:21 PM
Reply Quote
chris baker

That is a HTML code from flickr.

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Reply Quote
RailBlox Colin Redner

Hmm.

ok i just tried that, and i got the same problem.

This is the closest I could get, when you click on it it takes you to the photo. You can do that by the same menu, but a different tab.

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 6:39 PM
Reply Quote
chris baker

Are you pulling photos from your gallery, Colin?  Or I guess, Where do you recomend I grab the photo from?

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Reply Quote
RailBlox Colin Redner

I have been taking them from my Flikr account, and i am getting the same error. It is probably because of the coding of the images on flikr. I tried pulling from brickshelf, but same problem

Heres a try from my gallary on railbricks:

http://railbricks.com/index.php/gallerybox/image/687" alt="100_1332.JPG" title="100_1332.JPG">http://railbricks.com/files/cache/2bbdb0b507cfea29bd3d9abbbb340c88.JPG" width="350" height="262" border="0"/>

Jeramy is going to have to take a look at this, as I am not good at code. For now, just use the "attach a file" or put in a link. 

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Reply Quote
chris baker

Thanks Colin for checking this out! Glad I wasn,t the only one to have the problem.

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Reply Quote
RailBlox Colin Redner

Glad to help. 

WAIT i found the solution. When you upload the link, it needs to be followed by .jpg or similar. none of the flikr photos have that. brickshelf example:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/phred/Misc/maersk.jpg

Posted on November 29, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Reply Quote
taltosVT Elroy Davis
Total Posts: 29

If you're using the image button, you need the location of the actual image file.  Flickr buries this a bit, but it's possible to find.  Go to the page of the image that you'd like to use.  When you hover over the image, a magnifying glass appears.  Click on the image to bring up a page showing the image itself, then right-click on the image.  You should then be given an option to view it in different sizes.  In the case below, I chose "Medium 500".  This will take you to another page, where you can again right-click on the image and select "Copy Image Location" (in Firefox.  Internet Explorer may have slightly different wording).  This image location is what you would paste into the URL field here on the forum.

-Elroy

Posted on November 30, 2011 at 7:52 AM
Reply Quote
jedspurg Jeramy Spurgeon
Total Posts: 36

As Elroy pointed out, the images need to be the 'deep' links, i.e., ending in the file extension for image types (.jpg, .gif,.png).

When embedding your images from the gallery either use the source button in the text editor here to paste the code in, or just grab the URL for just the image.

It is the src="" attribute and looks like this: http://railbricks.com/files/cache/d859c95a361691171885ae3e923f0c4f.JPG

Posted on November 30, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Reply Quote
chris baker

Ok, trying again..

" />

I used the embed feature to pull a URL to insert in under the image tab, got the picture but still shows the box with an x in the post also?

Also, Thanks Elroy, but whatever my system is, it won't allow me to copy in that process. And Jeramy, I tried the source tab, but wasn't quite sure what I was looking at, but Thanks, your response did get me closer and let me get this much further(I got a picture to show at least!)

Posted on December 04, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Reply Quote

Subject