Brickworld 2012 Call for Layouts

Viewing 1 to 2 (2 Total)
Brickworld 2012 Call for Layouts
Brian Williams
Total Posts: 1

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting to our new Railbricks forum which replaces the old Brickworld_Trains Yahoo group.  Thanks to Jeremy for his help creating this.

Yes, Brickworld 2012 planning is well under way and I've already spoken to several people bringing outstanding train MOCs and layouts.  If you haven't attended Brickworld before, please consider and register quickly as registrations, hotel rooms, and MOC exhibit space will run out soon:  www.brickworld.us

>>> CALL FOR TRAIN LAYOUTS <<<

Please reply back to this thread or email me directly if you , or your club, are bringing a layout to Brickworld 2012.  All requests will be processed on a first come, first served basis, so let me know as soon as you can.  Here are a few points to keep in mind:

- We will loose one ballroom for exhibits this year so space will be at a premium.  Consequently, all train layouts should try to configure to minimize interior open space to the extent possible.  This usually means squeezing from square to rectangle.  The other thing I'm asking is that all layouts plan on having one side against a wall or other train layout.  Granted this is not practical on all, particularly the largest layouts, but consider it to the extent you can.

- Please bring your best MOCs and not stock sets.  An occasional Emerald Knight is fine but we want to get away from having long streets of stock Cafe Corner series buildings. 

- Make to tell me if you are using hotel tables and how many power packs you will run.  Note that we may run short on hotel tables so let me know as soon as you can if you need them.

- If you aren't bringing a layout but want to bring individual trains or structures for a common layout please let me know.

- Brickworld Train Coordination

Posted on February 17, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Reply Quote
RailBlox Colin Redner
Total Posts: 56

re: Brickworld 2012 Call for Layouts

Brian,

I have a section of a layout i would like to bring. It is a 9x7(Baseplates) section of track. It is a rail yard and an industrial factory. It has a mainline running along one of the edges, so it would be easy to fit into any Club's layout, and I would be grateful if any Club would take it. 

The track is Ballasted (raised one plate height), and the mainline tracks are the standard 8 studs apart. 

I will not be bringing any tables.

I can make changes if necessary, and I am happy to tweak it to fit into open space. I can raise or remove the ballast to fit any club's standards, I am very flexible.

Thanks,

Colin

Posted on February 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Reply Quote